(urth) Inhuma continued

Craig Brewer cnbrewer at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 26 15:00:13 PST 2009

>>>What of the inhumas' ability to fly through the void?  Is this a lie or can they survive in space?

I've always thought it was a lie. Fava dies in the snow when she and Horn do the astral travel bit. And when Jahlee is talking about learning to cross the void, she complains about how thin the air is...when, of course, there won't be any air, thin or thick, in the void. They're always complaining about the cold, but space would be just a touch colder than Blue, I'd imagine. And being reptilian and, I assume, cold-blooded...absolute zero would present some problems, no?

Plus, I'd always gotten the impression that the end of OBW with the inhumi flying the lander pretty much put the lie to that idea. My guess was that the inhumi had gotten hold of other landers as well and "conjunction" just made it much easier for them to cross. Those are assumptions, of course. But the very fact that their ability to cross space always seemed held at arm's length by the narrators made me think that, at the least, we were supposed to suspect that it was a myth.