(urth) Sapphire Star

Son of Witz sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Tue Jan 6 15:37:42 PST 2009

WOAH!!!!!!
I've searched the archives a few different ways and I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned.

I'm not going to bother to attribute the quotes. it's just internet fodder and most I've found are in synch with each other.  Most seem to be themselves quoting this Book of the Hopi by Frank Waters:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0140045279/morganasobservatA/

Saquasohuh Kachina, the Blue Star of Hopi Prophecy

(I has a rare TV session on sunday and caught some 2012 show in History Channel's "Armageddon Week", and was completely struck by this.)

"""""""""
An ancient Hopi Indian prophecy states, "When the Blue Star Kachina makes its appearance in the heavens, the Fifth World will emerge". This will be the Day of Purification. The Hopi name for the star Sirius is Blue Star Kachina. It will come when the Saquasohuh (Blue Star) Kachina dances in the plaza and removes his mask.

"That time is not far off. It will come when the Saquasohuh (Blue Star) Kachina dances in the plaza and removes his mask. He represents a blue star, far off and yet invisible, which will make its appearance soon. rld. This same song was sung in 1961 during the Wuwuchim ceremony.

One of the bits I read, which was pretty new-agey, was that the Blue Star would be a New Sun.  I'm pretty sure there was an Obelisk related to this blue Star Kachina in the show, but I don't know what it was called. I think it sounded like "Hen-Day".  Did anyone else catch that show?

Anyway, it seems like one more connection to Severian's Blue Star and that dreaded/anticipated world redeemer hitting the Reset Button.

~SonOfWitz

ps,
as I was watching this 2012 thing, I wondered if we won't all be completely sick of cataclysmic transformation prophesies if nothing happens on 12/21/2012)  It's sort of funny seeing this stuff on TV, it's been an underground meme for so long, but now we've all got Armageddon Fever.
"I was into the Apocalypse BEFORE it was trendy, man"  :-D