(urth) Morgan/Wolfe

Joe Smulkstis jismulkstis at nyc.rr.com
Thu Feb 12 19:50:11 PST 2009

D. Douglas Fratz, reviewing Richard Morgan's "The Steel Remains", said:

But for me the best example of this subgenre can be found in the work of Gene Wolfe, beginning with his Book of the New Sun novels, fantasy novels set in a remote but very imaginable future that have the gritty realism of the best science fiction.
Richard K. Morgan is clearly mining Wolfe territory, and that is fine territory indeed.

Has anyone here read the book and, if so, is the reviewer's comparison with Wolfe accurate?

The Kovac's novels didn't strike me as at all Wolfean.

Muskrat