(urth) Wolfean theologies

Matthew Weber palaeologos at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 09:44:42 PST 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Son of Witz <sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org>wrote:

> This is all very interesting.
> I don't understand how there can be only one interpretation of Christ,
> especially argued by Catholics, who are considered Heretics by the oldest,
> most traditional and unchanged Christian Church, The Eastern Orthodox.
> And even then, Christ's Divinity is EXEGESIS.  It's in the Creed, and it's
> the Catholics that changed the creed and caused the Great Schism.

Heterodox the RCC may be in Orthodox eyes, but not in its christology.  In
that, at least, the Catholics & Orthodoxen are in full agreement.  And
inserting "filioque" into the Creed was just the straw that broke the
camel's back; there had been a long series of misunderstandings and strains
on fellowship before then, on both sides.

--
Matt +

Let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to
find out the natural bent.
Plato (c. 428-348 B.C.), The Republic, bk. VII, 537