(urth) Quasi Christ?

John Watkins john.watkins04 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 12:13:08 PST 2009

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Son of Witz <sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org>wrote:

> [...]

Do you mean the New Testament or the Gospels?  In the Gospel of John Jesus
obliquely lays claim to divinity twice.  In the other Gospels he is
reticent.  It is fairly clear the the historical Jesus, if there was such a
person, did not go around trumpeting himself as a divine being.

In the remainder of the New Testament, however, both the redemptive effect
of the crucifixion and Jesus's divine nature are regularly discussed.