(urth) Indescribable Christ?

Son of Witz sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Fri Feb 6 16:46:30 PST 2009

Roy, I wasn't trying to argue Severian as Christ again.
you mention the nature of the Conciliator according to the text. here's one you may have forgotten:
from Chap XXI of Sword:
""Then his task was to forge a peace between humanity and the Increate, and he was called the Conciliator. He left behind a famous relic, a gem called the Claw.""

That explanation comes long before any of the UotNS Hierogrammate explanations, so it sort of sticks in my brain.

and, Matthew Weber wrote:

Jack, you speak of theology as though you think it and the "message" of Christianity (whatever that is supposed to mean; for the Apostles it was the empty tomb) are mutually exclusive.  Furthermore, your statement appears to have as its primary object your assertion of superiority over those who engage in "hair-splitting theological arguments".

Christology as a focus of controversy has cooled a great deal since the 5th century, but most Christian bodies consider it an essential part of the faith; the catechisms of the largest Christian churches all address it.  Clearly, quite a few people consider it important.

Simple arithmetic suffices for most of my mathematical needs.  I find complex geometry obscure, but that's not justification for me to conclude that it's useless.  Math, like religion, is bigger than my experience and my special feelings.

--
Matt +

To which I must reply, "Well said".

~have a nice weekend y'all.