(urth) Indescribable Christ?

Son of Witz sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Fri Feb 6 08:43:20 PST 2009

I completely agree.  I've understood it as GOD, the Godhead, is indescribable, but that inaccessibility is the main reason for Jesus to be. To give us a path.  This is where the Logos comes in as that which reconciles God and Man. What's Jesus say about finding the Father only through me, or such. The Logos is the bridge. And we've been comparing texts and exegesis about to characters that may or may not be incarnations of the Logos.

But while we can talk and argue about texts and exegesis all day long, as we have, I do agree with the gist of Stanslaus's post. Which is that God is truly indescribable. Anyone not framing their attempts at description with there failure at hitting the mark strikes me as a fraud.  I particularly like the practice of using double negatives for God. "God is not impotent" rather than "God is all powerful"  there are better examples to be had, but as a mental framing discipline, it seems like good practice.

~witz