(urth) Wolfean theologies

John Watkins john.watkins04 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 07:23:57 PST 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 10:14 AM, Son of Witz <sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org>wrote:

> I certainly don't care to argue about what any of us here believe, but
> discussing different interpretations of texts, Wolfe's or those that
> informed Wolfe, are FAIR GAME.  I'm not presenting myself as better than any
> Catholics here. I made a critique about an institution's problems. Can't
> I?

Well, no, you really shouldn't, because a)  your opinion about the
historical consequences of the Filioque is irrelevant, as far as I can tell,
to anything Wolfe has ever written, and b)  it pollutes the list because
naturally Catholics will want to defend themselves and their Church.
Hair-pulling to get a reaction, well, gets reactions.  That's why it doesn't
belong.