(urth) The Cat and significance to BOTNS

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Wed Feb 4 02:29:45 PST 2009

O'Donnell, Tim (BOSI) wrote:
> Also, I wonder if Hethor doesn't just call up his creatures with his
> mirrors, what if he creates them in this way
> as well?  By putting an innocent slug through the mirrors he could get a
> snuffling beast that leaves a slimy trail,
> the salamander could originally have been a newt and so on.  All this is
> wild speculation of course with no textual
> evidence... :)

Jonas' recognition of the notules from his travels to other planets is
textev that the creatures are summoned, rather than conjured or
transmogrified.

The possibility remains that some kind of exchange of creatures might be
necessary or at least facilitate the process; that might explain what
happened to Hethor's paracoita as well as the cat thing.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.io.com/~jwilson >