(urth) Weekly blog links

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Wed Apr 15 07:04:46 PDT 2009

True. And Oreb's comic relief tends to highlight that melancholia, at least in retrospect.

Much of the tone in BotNS comes from Severian himself, of course, and he experienced everything he narrates. The later narrators are, for me, harder to get a grip on, especially since they are less settled in terms of identity. Also, Nettle narrates from a distant (and unexalted) perspective.

Message: 4