(urth) Gnosticism in BotNS

Lane Haygood lhaygood at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 20:01:52 PDT 2009

Backwards.  Manichaeanism was influenced by Zoroastrianism, because it
was a Persian form of gnosticism.

Gnosticism actually applies to lots of syncretic religious beliefs
that flourished around the Levant and Fertile Crescent areas.  There
are several different strains, such as Greek/Egyptian (which was in
turn heavily influenced by Hellenstic philosophy, in particular
neoplatonism) and Aryan/Persian, which borrowed more from Eastern
mystical traditions.

I think that while there are several gnostic-like ideas in the Solar
Cycle, Wolfe seemingly pirated lots of obscure beliefs from that
region, like kabbalah as well (Briah, Yesod, etc.) as well as
Judeo-Christian mystic traditions.