(urth) Hut/Ultan's Library/Catherine

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Wed Apr 8 11:08:34 PDT 2009

I suspect the thrust of the "tribade" conversation at Vodalus' forest
citadel is being missed or over-interpreted. It's clear that the concern
about the previously eaten woman's lesbianism (whether or not she bred
or would have bred) comes purely from a male character's "libertine"
desire to experience heterosexual sex from a woman's perspective. That's
all there is to it.

The Vodalarii are into doing alzabo for the sex. The Waldgrave is
presumably the one who wants to "remember" having sex with men as a
woman; the other men would probably enjoy "remembering" having sex with
women as a woman just as much. Either way, the men all want to "sink
into" being a woman.

Claw chapter 11:

Our five guards, who had talked only reluctantly at first in response to
Jonas's

jests and queries, grew more cheerful as I became more desperate,
gossiping as

if they were on the way to a drinking bout or a brothel. Yet though I
recognized

the note of anticipation in their voices, the gibes they made were as

unintelligible to me as the banter of libertines is to a little child:
"Going

far this time? Going to drown yourself again?" (This from the man at the
back of

our party, a mere disembodied voice in the dark.)

"By Erebus, I'm going to sink so far you won't see me until winter."

A voice I recognized as belonging to the armiger asked, "Have any of you
seen

her yet?" The others had sounded merely boastful, but there was hunger
of a kind

I had never heard before behind his simple words, He might have been
some lost

traveler asking about his home.

"No, Waldgrave,"

(Another voice.) "Alcmund says a good one, not old or too young."

"Not another tribade, I hope."

"I don't . . ."

wrote:

> > Come on now, Lesbians are capable of having children. many do.

Yes, I realize that many (in fact, most in my experience) homosexuals
have kids and ostensibly hetero marriages, but how heteronormative can
you be when even the people who have shared your most intimate thoughts
and feelings think of you primarily in terms of your gay orientation?

-- Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com < http://www.io.com/~jwilson >

---
Virus Database (VPS): 090408-0, 04/08/2009
Tested on: 4/8/2009 2:08:36 PM