(urth) An Evil Guest - Big Questions, Major SPOILERS

Russell Wodell wrustle at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 15:34:35 PDT 2008

Other questions & therefore spoilers...

Like *Free Live Free* and *There Are Doors*, *An Evil Guest* seems to be
taking place in the future and in the 1940s simultaneously. I mean,
seriously, a big off-Broadway musical about a missionary's daughters in the
South Seas? Could even "glamour" make that possible in today's or tomorrow's
theatre? Wouldn't a vanity film or 3-d "vid" be more probable?

Hasn't Wolfe used the Shark God and the Squid God before in a fairly recent
short story?

We're told pretty explicitly that the "gods" of former civilizations are in
reality aliens who live unobserved on Earth. Does this mean that the "gods"
Latro encounters in the *Soldier* novels are also aliens? Are we in a *
Stargate* situation?

I appeal to better minds than mine...