(urth) An Evil Guest - Big Questions, Major SPOILERS

John Watkins john.watkins04 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 15:23:31 PDT 2008

Spoilers--I also finished this morning.

-

I can't answer all of that, but "Arthur Thomas Franklin" is a
government agency--presumably slang for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco
and Firearms--the ATF (now officially Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and
Explosives, but still ATF).

A "defective" child is probably just a child born with a genetic
defect or other inborn condition.  I took it as a reference to the
current practice of aborting Down Syndrome fetuses rather than a hint
as to an elaborate regime of genetic engineering.