(urth) OT: Anathem

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Sat Sep 20 11:27:12 PDT 2008

I was in the service when D&D first came out, and beginning to experience
the kind of slack an infantryman may experience if he is not in a combat
zone and knows the way things work. So after I finished my work for the
day (which would normally take an hour or three) I would mosey on down to
the rec hall, where I would play D&D with various other guys doing the
same thing I was doing. If anyone asked us what we were about, we were
doing small unit tactical exercises.

.