(urth) OT: Anathem

Matthew Keeley matthew.keeley.1 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 10:53:37 PDT 2008

2008/9/20 Rjyan Kadwallader <cexwell at gmail.com>

> I think I would let Gary slide, it's not cool to pick on D&D kids they have
> enough problems as it is.

And didn't he die a few months back?

As I understand (from reading Michael Moorcock's comments on this), early
D&D was very upfront about the sources it used - apparently they used to
cite Tolkien, Moorcock, Leiber, Vance, et al. in the guidebooks. Now - not
so much.

I never played myself, but surely there are some "D&D kids" here? My parents
were always suspicious of it, so it wasn't really an option for me. I got my
watered-down fantasy through Japanese videogames, thank you very much.

-Matt