(urth) New Wolfe Listing on Amazon

James B. Jordan jbjordan4 at cox.net
Wed Sep 3 17:20:37 PDT 2008

One thing I recall is that Latro has a night with Venus. Well, he's a
kind of specimen of Mars, being Roman. But the way it's written is as
if Venus and Mars were married, and I recall bringing this up to
Wolfe, who thought that they were. In fact, Venus cheats with Mars on
her husband Vulcan.

But it's been 20 years......

Nutria

At 04:35 PM 9/3/2008, you wrote:

>On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 2:29 PM, Pedro Pereira
><<mailto:domus_artemis at hotmail.com>domus_artemis at hotmail.com> wrote:
>I haven't read the Knight books (I'm not much into Arthurian kind of
>stuff), but I totally recomend the Soldier books. I was hopping that
>Sidon would take Latro to the fabled Egyptian Labirynth;
>unfortunately it didn't. There's a few things in the Soldier books
>that I think may be a bit wrong from a historical point of view
>though. Not really wrong, but questionable at least, but it's minor stuff.
>

>Well, I know Wolfe does have some slightly esoteric theories about
>ancient history - for one thing, he posits at least occasional
>transatlantic travel in the ancient world. I wonder how many
>"errors" are actually examples of Wolfe's advocacy for obscure theories.
>
>Link with Wolfe's thoughts on the ancient world:
><http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2tmhh/gwjbj3.html#diff>http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2tmhh/gwjbj3.html#diff
>

>-Matt

James B. Jordan
Director, Biblical Horizons