(urth) Shades of beige

Adam Thornton adam at io.com
Mon Oct 6 09:24:03 PDT 2008

Forget food in _Evil Guest_; anyone else notice how many exotic shades
of off-white through light-brown (or perhaps I should say birch
through caffe-latte) are mentioned?  What's up with that?  (if this
has been discussed before, I'm sorry--I've been trying NOT to read
_EG_ posts until I got a chance to read the book, which I now have)

SPOILER below:

And is there agreement on what sort of beast-woman Cassie *is*?  I
like "Robin" because of the red plumage, the "the alien food isn't
*really* worms", and of course the execrable Batman-cub joke.  I
don't think it's the right guess, though.

Adam