(urth) Shades of beige

Matthew Keeley matthew.keeley.1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 09:33:10 PDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 12:24 PM, Adam Thornton <adam at io.com> wrote:

> Forget food in _Evil Guest_; anyone else notice how many exotic shades of
> off-white through light-brown (or perhaps I should say birch through
> caffe-latte) are mentioned?  What's up with that?  (if this has been
> discussed before, I'm sorry--I've been trying NOT to read _EG_ posts until I
> got a chance to read the book, which I now have)
>
> SPOILER below:
>
> And is there agreement on what sort of beast-woman Cassie *is*?  I like
> "Robin" because of the red plumage, the "the alien food isn't *really*
> worms", and of course the execrable Batman-cub joke.  I  don't think it's
> the right guess, though.
>
> Adam

I don't believe the color stuff has been discussed yet.

Re: Batman and Robin - I'm a Batman fan so I'm inclined to see references to
him that might not be there (i.e. there actually is a character named
Manbat).  Then again, I wouldn't be terribly shocked if Wolfe read Batman
comics growing up, and perhaps he even reads a few now, especially as his
friend Neil Gaiman actually has a Batman story coming out in a few months.

http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2008/07/after-clarion.html

-Matt