(urth) Fuligin in illustration

Son of Witz sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Fri Oct 31 09:45:05 PDT 2008

You guys are great.
thanks so much for scanning and hosting the illustration.
yes i agree its the most faithful thing I've seen for Severian.
and very well rendered ta boot.

and yes, I'd LOVE to seen the additional Vass Richard covers.

this rendering does bring up one other question I've been toying with, which is, wouldn't these future ice age folk be sorta hairy.  Anything I've seen has a sort of modern whiteboy look, ie, not so hairy.  I suppose he might look like a manly russian old school dude.  I mean, he's a wolf and the name Severian is Russian, No?  anyway, I don't really think there is much mention of his hair, other than the black hairs on the back of his hands and head, and his shaving.  I don't think there is anything to say he's not a hairy chested man.

Christ, I'm such a nerd.

best,
~witz