(urth) WindyCon 35

Nigel Price nigelaprice at talktalk.net
Mon Oct 20 02:27:36 PDT 2008

The WindyCon organisers have now published a detailed programme for the
weekend of 14-16 November.

The panel with Gene Wolfe, Michael Andre-Driussi and I in which we will be
discussing "Post-Historic Warfare" in the Urth cycle is at 12 noon on
Saturday.

Wolfe is also appearing on the following panel on Friday evening at 4 pm:

Child Soldiers — The award-winning Ender's Game, originally published in
1977, changed SF warfare forever. The story of an unwitting child soldier,
it takes place in the far future where children make the best soldiers.
There are children serving as soldiers today, but is the future really
different? How did Ender's world develop and could ours develop that way
too?
     R. Karp, R. Neumeier, J. Ringo, F. Ruiz, G. Wolfe

As an aside, and for what it's worth, I'm also on a panel at 10 o'clock on
Sunday morning in which we'll be discussing the Miles Vorkosigan stories of
Lois McMaster Bujold.

Really looking forward to all this!

Nigel