(urth) WindyCon 35

Nigel Price nigelaprice at talktalk.net
Sun Oct 12 06:06:49 PDT 2008

Stephen Case wrote...

>>a) I'm with James.  Does anyone have more specific
>>information regarding WindyCon and when Wolfe would
>>be speaking?  I've never been to one of these, so
>>I'd like more info.  Do you have to register for
>>the entire thing if you just want to hear a
>>particular session?  I'd be coming from Kankakee,
>>so it would be doable . . .

You can register for just a day or for the whole three-day convention, but
you can't register for just a single session. If you register by mail before
Friday, October 24, 2008 it costs $45.00 for adults and children aged 12 or
older. If you pay at-the-door when you get there, registration for the whole
convention is $55.00.

According to the website, one-day registration is available at the following
rates:

Friday only: $25.00
Saturday only: $45.00
Sunday only: $15.00

Not much of a saving if Saturday is the day when you really want to go!

I've no idea when a detailed timetable for the convention will become
available.

The theme of the convention is "Military SF", which didn't sound very
appealing to me, but I've been impressed by the variety of topics listed for
programme items on the website. Some of them sound very interesting. One of
my unanswered questions is whether Wolfe will be taking part in any of the
other panels. Obviously, if he is, I want to go to those sessions!

Nigel