(urth) Wolfe's Out-of-Print Novels

Mo Holkar / UKG lists at ukg.co.uk
Mon Oct 13 03:56:13 PDT 2008

At 03:05 11/10/2008, you wrote:

>On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 9:26 PM, don doggett <kingwukong at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Devil in a Forest was a bit disappointing to me, mainly because I couldn't
> > help comparing it to Barry Unsworth's Morality Play, which is incredible.
> >
> > Don
>
>That does look interesting, based off your take on it and the Amazon
>description.
>
>This list just exacerbates my book-buying habits, but I love it
>anyway. Thanks for the implicit recommendation.
>
>Is there a section on the WolfeWiki suggesting other books Wolfe fans
>might like? I know there was quite a long thread on that subject here
>recently, and I'd be especially curious to see what non-sf writers get
>recommended. I just finished Muriel Spark's The Ballad of Peckham Rye,
>and it struck me as something some Wolfe fans would really like. I
>certainly thought it was great.

There isn't at the moment, but please do add one -- that would be great.

(Also, I'd like to third the recommendation of Morality Play --
there's a film of it too, called The Reckoning:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0258816/
which bears about the same relation as the The Name of the Rose film
to its book, ie. it gives the story and the rough idea but is rather lacking.)

best,

Mo

# ~ # ~ #

WolfeWiki now at: