(urth) re silk is caldo

Chris rasputin_ at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 6 11:48:55 PST 2008

The sense in which it's obvious is a bit weak, but I am not sure how to more properly put the case.

In a sense even under the dictator you have a say, insofar as you obey (or don't obey) the law, you overthrow (or don't overthrow) the dictator who made it, etc. It's hard to be a member of a society without bearing a portion of responsibility for the way that society is. Same applies in democracies; those who don't vote are equally responsible for the state of affairs by tacitly approving whatever is done in their name.

It is nice, of course, when your part in this process includes some alternative other than violent revolution and risk of your life and limb.

--
"When small men begin to cast big shadows, it means that the sun is about to set." -- Lin Yutang