(urth) Stingray

Adam Thornton adam at io.com
Tue Nov 4 10:12:39 PST 2008

On Nov 4, 2008, at 12:04 PM, Son of Witz wrote:

> I haven't read AEG or much Lovecraft, but did anyone see that "Call
> of Cthulu" silent film that was made recently?  It was very good up
> until the monster showed up, then the whole film went POP.  How can
> a movie get everything pretty good, then fail on the most important
> part? Seriously disapointing.

I haven't seen it, but one could argue the novella suffers the same
flaw. Well, *most* of Lovecraft does.  The reveal is much less scary
than the build-up, most of the time.  There are of course exceptions.
"The Color Out of Space" and "The Dreams In the Witch-House" are two
exceptions that leap to *my* mind.

Adam