(urth) Urth Digest, Vol 51, Issue 76

Kerry Benton k.benton at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 20:37:12 PST 2008

They're a whole lot better, I concur...

Lynch did do a good job with the mysticism and the visuals I think. I
love the Guild navigators, love the handling of the Harkonnens for the
most part, and the worms.

There were no sound weapons in the text, unless you mean Voice, which
is also mishandled (IMHO) in both Lynch and the scifi series.

I worry most in adaptations of BOTNS about the handling of anything
that appears magical or supernatural... That any film producer/
director/writer would try to explain too much.

My two cents...
-k

Sent from my iPhone