(urth) Severian as reverse Christ (or something)

John Watkins john.watkins04 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 12:29:36 PST 2008

I think what's being undersold here is the significance of Wolfe's own
Catholicism.  I think it's pretty unlikely that we're meant to
understand Severian literally Jesus.
In fact, I submit that the differences between Severian's behavior and
that of Christ are likely significant to the ideas Wolfe wants to
convey.