(urth) Shadow, Chapter X

John Watkins john.watkins04 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 11:07:47 PST 2008

"Hypostasis" is the wrong term for what I think you're trying to
convey.  In Christianity the term is used of Christ to refer to how He
can be simultaneously God and Man.  Other humans are not God in a
really real sense, but they are images of God.  They share the divine
nature in the way that the painting of a mountain shares the nature of
a mountain--you can learn something about the mountain by looking at
it, but not everything.

Christ, Christians believe, shared the nature of God in a really real
sense--they are consubstantial, identical in essence.