(urth) Cabin on the Coast Question

Dave Tallman davetallman at msn.com
Fri May 30 12:39:57 PDT 2008

StoneOx17 said:
> This is a great discussion.
>
> First, and a very minor point, I think Lissy used the towel and not
> the King.  The King would have stayed outside.
>
> Second, I think Tim was tricked.  I think the fairies can only take
> people who are willing.  This is a trait commonly attributed to  the
> Fair Folk, and the King says "I'll have no unwillin' hands about me
> boat."

I think it's often said that the Fair Folk cannot enter a human dwelling
without an invitation, so you could be right. I still have bit of a
problem with Lissy doing a secret midnight skinny-dip. The next morning
she says to Tim, "I want a swimming lesson. What will people say if I
tell them I came here and didn't go swimming?"

She could be lying because she wants to conceal that she met the King,
but she could still mention her swim without telling that part.