(urth) Cabin on the Coast Question

Michael Straight mfstraight at gmail.com
Wed May 28 14:32:33 PDT 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 6:09 AM, Dave Tallman <davetallman at msn.com> wrote:

>The fairy King didn't really lie, because Tim does retain some
> memories of his years of service (he plans to tell Lissy about them but
> pretend they are just stories). Having those memories means he has an older
> brain, and with that goes an older body. The King just didn't spell out the
> implications.

And Wolfe (and/or the King) is especially tricky because at first Tim
is told "You'll serve for 100 years and then return" which makes it
seem obvious that Tim would not age or would be magically made young
again.  So then when the term is lowered to 25 years, we have the same
expectation.

Perhaps Tim would have been better off if he'd taken the original
offer of 100 years?

Also, note the similar situation in Pirate Freedom.

-- Rostrum