(urth) Cabin on the Coast Question

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Wed May 28 11:14:07 PDT 2008

Dave Tallman wrote:
>What will Tim do next?  If he tries to explain she'll never believe him.
>The best thing to spare her feelings would be to pretend to be his
>father and say something like "Get out! I sent him away and you'll never
>see him again." He could follow that up with a letter to get her to move
>on. Life isn't going to be easy for Tim. He's lost not only his love but
>his identity.

I should probably just leave this alone, but there is one nagging detail
that I can't explain or ignore. It's that damn "already damp and a trifle
sandy" towel Tim used after he showered upon returning from his
early-morning swim on the morning *before* Lissy disappeared, on the second
page of the story. Who had used the towel before Tim?

-Roy