(urth) Urth Digest, Vol 45, Issue 17

Matthew Groves matthewalangroves at gmail.com
Tue May 13 07:23:55 PDT 2008

On 5/12/08, Yves Meynard <meynard at videotron.ca> wrote:

> His work has
> influenced my writing

Judging by Wizard Knight, there seems to be a feedback loup of influence.

> I'll second the recommendations for Vance and Crowley enthusiastically. I
> really liked Mieville's _Perdido Street Station_ and _The Scar_. _Iron
> Council_, on the other hand, feels to me like his writing has gone sloppy.

I have started and abandoned two Crowley novels, Little, Big and The
Solitudes.  I want to like Crowley, but The Solitudes just seemed
pretentious and boring to me.  Everyone who reads Wolfe says he is
great, and Alice Turner wrote a whole book on him.  What am I missing?

Matt G.