(urth) How list works and questions to mailers

Matthew Keeley matthew.keeley.1 at gmail.com
Mon May 12 07:39:01 PDT 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 3:04 PM, <brunians at brunians.org> wrote:

> > On May 12, 2008, at 8:50 AM, Stuart Hamm wrote:
> >> How about "Gojiro"?? can't remember the author, but don't let the
> >> title fool ya...
>
> > What, Blue Öyster Cult? The song *is* pretty much the last word in
> > Paeans To Giant Lizards.
>
> Michael Moorcock wrote a bunch of lyrics for them and also contributed
> some bass lines, I believe.

Moorcock wrote "Black Blade," "Veteran of the Psychic Wars," and one other
song for BOC. I used to be a pretty big Moorcock fan, but then I discovered
Wolfe, who is so many times better. I remember someone on this list once
explained why they disliked Moorcock, and I found I agreed completely.

Here it is (from Andy Robertson):
http://www.urth.net/urth/archives/v0304/3231.txt.shtml

I like Moorcock as a person; he seems to be a very nice guy, judging from
the way he interacts with fans on his website. Someday I'll read more of his
books, but he's not Wofe.

 As for "Gojiro," do you mean "Gojira?" Because that's the title of the
original Japanese Godzilla film (It's also the title for the US release of
the original Japanese cut, which is a much superior film to the hacked-up
1950s US version of the movie).

-Matt