(urth) How list works and questions to mailers

Charles Reed jazzy_jeeves at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 10 21:44:46 PDT 2008

Hi Oliver.  I'm from Texas.  I've always gotten the impression that most
of the people who post here are from the US, but that's certainly not a
scientific sampling.  My general reading preferences outside of Gene
Wolfe tend to lie in the fantasy genre rather than sci-fi:  Tolkien, Le
Guin, Robin Hobb, George Martin, Neil Gaiman.  Although, to be perfectly
honest, my reading time has been very much curtailed over the last few
years due to family expansion.  (We just brought our third -- and final
-- child into the world about seven months ago.)  I used to pretty
regularly read 25-30 novels a year.  These days it seems like I'm doing
well if I manage 4-5.  Coinciding with that, I haven't been much a
regular contributor lately, although I was a pretty active participant
for a good couple of years.  I still try to keep up with the read the
mailing list, though.

Charles

P.S.  Don't know how to help you the text trailing off the page.  I read
the Urth mailing list on my mail program (Thunderbird) and haven't
experienced that problem.