(urth) Graverobbery (was Sev's common lineage)

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Mon Jun 30 09:46:16 PDT 2008

Dave Tallman wrote:
> Jeff Wilson wrote:
>> That's pretty iffy, given the popularity of political assassination
>> stories and the large numbers partaking of her memories. How likely
>> would they all be to miss it? I also don't see her madness masking
>> details of Vodalus' future history if she is still able to express
>> suitable political sentiment to be chosen to bolster the loyalty of
>> the Vodalarii.  Why would someone from 40 years post-Vodalus take up
>> the cause in prison?
>>
> You're assuming that all corpses that Voldalus took were like Thecla's
> and used for the same purpose. His grave-robbing was more general than
> that. The citizen volunteers were concerned for their own dead; probably
> not all of them were Voldalarii loyalists. Voldalus might not share a
> body with future knowledge among a large number of followers.

-What else would Vodalus be doing with freshly dead bodies of specific
people?
-The volunteers are likely on guard against graverobbers in general, as
there are other motives that wouldn't apply to Vodalus (anatomy studies,
thaumaturgy, fencing of grave goods).
- If the information is likely to be missed for whatever reason,it would
be vital to share a body known to contain future knowledge among as many
followers as possible to ensure that that future knowledge is recovered
for the cause.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.io.com/~jwilson >