(urth) Sev's common lineage

thalassocrat at nym.hush.com thalassocrat at nym.hush.com
Mon Jun 30 03:29:33 PDT 2008

A couple of other things I like about my little Sev-lineage story.
First & most obviously, it explains Sev's silence about Catherine:
he's just not letting on that he's the product of an incestuous
union. We don't have to try to guess whether Cathreine committed
some discreditable crime that he's hiding.

But she probably was a bit of a thief; it seems to have run in the
family, and it's hard to imagine that she was sent to the torturers
just for running from the Pelerines. Fechin was always stealing
stuff, according to Casdoe's father. Demure Dorcas herself seemed
rather blase about the prospect of whoring and stealing her way
back to Nessus from Thrax. Ouen had trouble with the law. Agia &
bro, enough said. Sev of course is a murderer, as well as being a
stealer of library books :)