(urth) Sev's common lineage

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Mon Jun 30 02:41:39 PDT 2008

Dave Tallman wrote:
> Jeff Wilson wrote:
>> If this is true, wouldn't that mean that Vodalus (and the others who
>> presumably later share her memories) would have knowledge of the
>> future era's general public, like Agia disposing of him in a coup?
>> Wouldn't he want to stop that?
>>
> Catherine might not have sufficient knowledge of the exact history of
> the Vodalarii to give Vodalus forewarning about Agia. Vodalus might
> learn that he didn't become autarch and that Sev did, but probably not
> the exact reason for his downfall. Catherine had many unpleasant
> memories of her years in the dungeon -- she probably went insane there,
> as most long-term prisoners did. That would mask any good information
> that Vodalus might obtain. Before he could sort it all out, the memories
> would fade.

That's pretty iffy, given the popularity of political assassination
stories and the large numbers partaking of her memories. How likely
would they all be to miss it? I also don't see her madness masking
details of Vodalus' future history if she is still able to express
suitable political sentiment to be chosen to bolster the loyalty of the
Vodalarii.  Why would someone from 40 years post-Vodalus take up the
cause in prison?

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.io.com/~jwilson >