(urth) Sev's common lineage

Dave Tallman davetallman at msn.com
Mon Jun 30 01:42:31 PDT 2008

Jeff Wilson wrote:
> If this is true, wouldn't that mean that Vodalus (and the others who
> presumably later share her memories) would have knowledge of the future
> era's general public, like Agia disposing of him in a coup? Wouldn't he
> want to stop that?

Catherine might not have sufficient knowledge of the exact history of
the Vodalarii to give Vodalus forewarning about Agia. Vodalus might
learn that he didn't become autarch and that Sev did, but probably not
the exact reason for his downfall. Catherine had many unpleasant
memories of her years in the dungeon -- she probably went insane there,
as most long-term prisoners did. That would mask any good information
that Vodalus might obtain. Before he could sort it all out, the memories
would fade.

The identity of the corpse in the necropolis with Catherine is not a
requirement for the rest of the theory to be true.
Catherine could come back to the past, have Sev, and die soon after. Her
khabits need to stick around for years to be the Katharine players, but
she doesn't. I still support that part of the theory, however, because
it gives an ending to Catherine's story and a reason for her khabits to
be there.