(urth) eclipse

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Tue Jun 10 11:46:39 PDT 2008

Marc Aramini wrote:

>>>I have had the suspicion that some cosmic body was being switched around
at the eclipse -that aphetas planet was actualy switched with the moon,
producing the increasingly fierce tides and making the moon seem bigger.
There is a scene when severian is simming and looks up to feel watched from
the moon.  Unfortunately I really need to read urth again.<<<

>>>of course the problem with this switching is the vast disparity in time
between apu punchau and the new sun<<<

The bigger problem is that "aphetas planet", as you put it, is in a
completely different universe from Lune.

-Roy