(urth) What's So Great About Ushas?

David Duffy David.Duffy at qimr.edu.au
Thu Jun 5 16:21:30 PDT 2008

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008, Eric Ortlund wrote:

> [...]

These arguments all sound similar to traditional theological attacks which
give us theodicy ie how can a good God send a flood to drown everyone,
earthquake to China etc; therefore the agent of these things is evil.

So, pestilences and disasters (as opposed to war) ultimately come
from God in this best of all possible worlds, therefore the suffering they
engender is not evil per se.  [As a strong atheist, I don't necessarily
agree with these statements, you understand, but I suspect Wolfe does in
some way].

Cheers, David.