(urth) What's So Great About Ushas?

John Smith jsmith2627 at att.net
Thu Jun 5 10:22:22 PDT 2008

This post has a lot of interesting ideas about
pre-Christian influences on BOTNS.

However, I have to disagree with this statement:

"For me, it is clear that Wolfe means to depict Urth
> as populated by a flawed
> race of people.  For the universes to have a better
> future, this flawed race needs
> to be wiped out, starting over from scratch.  "

Wiping out races is the final solution of the Nazis
and the solution (at times) of the Old Testament God.
  The Christian solution is mercy and redemption.
The fact that people are flawed is the reason mercy is
needed.   I think (and hope) that this is Wolfe's
view.