(urth) Other SF writers? (Was: How list works and questions to mailers)

Fred Kiesche recursive_loop at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 11:47:00 PDT 2008

Delany: In addition to Empire Star and Babel-17, I'd recommend the short work The Star Pit and the novel Nova.

Especially Nova, as it involves the Tarot and stuff and that ties in nicely with...

Tim Powers: I got hooked on him with The Annubis Gates. Also good are The Drawing of the Dark, On Stranger Tides, The Stress of Her Regard, Declare, the "Earthquake Weather trilogy" (with Last Call as my all-time favorite part of that trilogy...

Powers is a ton of fun. Some people have said that Neil Gaiman is "developing an American mythology". Powers was way ahead of him (I like Gaiman, but like Powers a lot more).

(Yes, I am still a couple hundred messages behind...)

F.P. Kiesche III
"When you send a man out with a gun, you create a policymaker. When his ass is on the line, he will do whatever he needs to do...And if the implications of that bothers you, the time to do something about it is before you decide to send him out." (David Drake, Caught in the Crossfire)
Blogging at TexasBestGrok!