(urth) What's So Great About Ushas?

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Sun Jul 20 12:14:38 PDT 2008

b sharp wrote:
> But you note Tzadkiel is known as an angel of mercy and omit that he/she is also
> considered an angel of justice in some texts. You note that Tzadkiel was the one
> to intervene in Moses' sacrifice of his son (no coincidence that Venant is killed I think),

By Moses, do you mean Abraham?

> In my list of genocides you take pains to note the ones done by God without angelic help
> while ignoring the ones (10th plague for example) that were the specific work of angels.
> I'm unclear on the point of that argument anyway. Are you suggesting that the Biblical God
> and angels are sometimes working independently of each other?

This is the generally accepted as the case in the OT; Satan ("The
Adversary") remains a heavenly presence but takes the adversarial
position of proving mankind or a particular man, like Job, is unworthy
of G-d's favor, and may even command subordinate angels to help him
accomplish this.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.io.com/~jwilson >