(urth) What's So Great About Ushas?

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Wed Jul 16 16:22:41 PDT 2008

brunians at brunians.org wrote:
> I am referring to the hierarchy of the great chain of being, as is David
> Duffy. This is an underlying assumption of the Christian worldview,
> although many modern Christians choose to deprecate it.
>
> In this hierarchy, the World is assumed to be a living being, possessing
> an intelligence and a spirit as are all of the various levels of the
> World.

I've been a lifelong Christian, and this is the first I've heard the
Great Chain of Being explicitly said to have a place in Christian
doctrine. It certainly is not part of the Apostles's, Nicean, or
Constantinoplean Creeds, or any other definitive statement of Christian
belief I've seen.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.io.com/~jwilson >