(urth) What's So Great About Ushas?

Jeffrey Brent McBeth mcbeth at broggs.org
Wed Jul 16 10:25:49 PDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 12:07:07PM -0500, Adam Thornton wrote:

>> Please to keep the inflammatory political content where it belongs.
>
> Hey: is the submerging of Ushas drowning, or baptism?

At least one Christian group believes that Noahs' flood did act as Earth's
baptism to be later followed by a baptism by fire (second coming?).

> Seriously: we're supposed to be talking about the writings of someone who
> is a) famously conservative, and b) famously Catholic, with c) some really
> nonstandard theology, which d) comes out all over his books, and e) not
> talk about politics and its intersection with religion?
>
> I think that's....a bit unrealistic.

While I didn't find your comment particularly inflammatory (I'm a bit biased
against the target, so I'm not a fair judge), I think the claim that the
comment was more than tangentially connected to the topic at hand to be a
bit more of a stretch than even this group is accustomed to :)

Jeff