(urth) What's So Great About Ushas

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Fri Jul 11 11:34:39 PDT 2008

Paul B wrote:
> The trouble with what Jeff says, and with what you're saying here, is
> granting the aliens higher moral freedom based on the assumption that
> they are closer to God (smarter, more flexible, even a little
> omnipresent) and therefore should get more exceptions.
>
> It's not God that destroys Urth.  Is there actual evidence that the
> aliens are even doing the will of God, or at least trying to?  That
> would solve a substantial part of the problem.  At the moment though,
> the only reason I recall is the need to have the humans become the
> Hieros so they can again create the Hierogrammates.  Perhaps I've simply
> not been paying attention, but I actually can't find where God enters
> into that particular plotline.

That was pretty much the discussion in progress just before you arrived.
I'm not convinced that God has no part in a plan involving the White
Fountain; as the omnipotent, omniscient creator of the universe, He is
responsible for its content and as such He kills everyone and destroys
everything that passeth away. How he implements His will and whether the
intermediaries are servants, sock puppets, or dupes is what we are
sorting out.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.io.com/~jwilson >