(urth) Sev's common lineage

Dave Tallman davetallman at msn.com
Tue Jul 1 11:12:13 PDT 2008

bsharp wrote:

> FWIW- In the vein of of a Thais connection to Thea's kaibit, I recently
> found that St. Thais
> was a reformed prostitute. Also, she shares a feast day with St. Pelagia.
> Also there is a
> novel and opera about her with cenobite monks and a character names
> Palemon. Maybe
> all that was observed before? Not sure what to make of it. Maybe Dave
> Tallman has some
> ideas?

There are two different legends for St. Pelagia. (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Pelagia)
Saint Pelagia is an Antiochene saint, a virgin of fifteen years, who chose
death by a leap from the housetop rather than dishonour.
The legend of the Saint Pelagia (sometimes called *Margarito*) who was a
courtesan is famous.

The two legends fit nicely with the chatelaine/kaibit relationship, since
some kaibits moonlight at the House Azure.

St. Pega herself is part of a pair with her brother, St. Guthlac. She was
sent away from her brother's island when the Devil appeared in her form to
tempt him.

I like the Thais = Thea's explanation I've seen. Saint Thea has a pairing in
her history. She was bound together with St. Valentina and burned at the
stake.

Thais seems much too young to be the kaibit Sev saw at the House Azure, but
perhaps she is another kaibit of that line who was told of the encoun
ter with Sev by her clone sisters. She doesn't want the others to know
anything about her history, so she wishes Sev to say nothing. I'll reject
time-travel for her as an unnecessary complication. Sev doesn't identify her
as the same person, anyway.