(urth) Sev's common lineage

thalassocrat at nym.hush.com thalassocrat at nym.hush.com
Tue Jul 1 06:06:30 PDT 2008

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 22:01:06 +1000 b sharp
<bsharporflat at hotmail.com> wrote:
>Thalassocrat wrote:
>
>Yes,  having a man in his 80's father someone in their 20's-30's
>is possible but a stretch. I was
>only hinting that my ideas might help:  if Fechin is Dorcas'
>husband instead of father and the
>portrait of Rudesind is a self-portrait, then it rolls everyone's
>age back about 15 years and the
>ages fit nicely. That might mess up other aspects of your scenario

>though, not sure.

Hmmm, I must be missing something. How does this roll people's ages
back by 15 years? We have Rudesind a boy 70 years ago, so I guess
he has to be around 80. We have Dorcas born 55-60 years ago (her
hubby has been trawling for her for 40 years or so, he says, when
he meets Sev, who I assume is 17-18). So if nobody's lying in any
of that, Dorcas is 20+ years junior to Rudesind, and even if he's
Fechin, that surely makes her too old to be the quiet girl of
Casdoe's father's story.