(urth) Fuligin invented

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 10:37:41 PST 2008

All true ... But ... Do we know of what metal "Terminus Est" is actually
made? Even if Severian calls it steel (which I don't recall offhand), that
could be a "translation factor," after all. Who's to say that TE isn't a
"galaxy level" piece of technology, some bit of metallurgical alchemy
far beyond what we can produce right now?