(urth) Capricon

Matthew Groves matthewalangroves at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 10:02:39 PST 2008

I managed to barely make it to Capricon in time to meet Gene and Rosemary
Wolfe and have him sign *Pirate Freedom* and *Soldier of Sidon* (I decided
to bring only his two most recent books to sign).  I wasn't able to do
anything else at the con besides browse the vendors (which was interesting);
I was only able to drive up Sunday morning, arriving just minutes before his
signing session ended, and then returning the same night after a bit of
sightseeing in downtown Chicago.  I didn't get to talk to Wolfe much, and
I'm afraid I was a bit overawed anyway.  My friend took some pictures of
Gene while he was signing my books, and Rosemary made "rabbit ears" behind
his head.  I just want to thank Teri for posting the note about his
appearance at the con.  I never would have known about it otherwise,
especially considering his name isn't even listed anywhere on the website
for the convention.  Since Wolfe has virtually no web presence, I really
appreciate it when folks here on the list are able to share information
about his appearances, and I hope people will continue to do so.  I've still
got a lot of books without signatures.